Best-selling business book web sites
If you’re writing a business book – and want it to be a best seller – then you’re probably also working on a web site to accompany your book. If you take a look at the top 15 NY Times Best-Selling Hardcover Business Books for August 2013, you’ll see that most of the books have their own site. Some authors provide tools and resources that accompany their book. Others provide an opportunity to join a cause or get more involved in communities.
Creating a book web site is an essential part of your marketing strategy. And – even if there’s no dedicated site – at a minimum you’ll need to create marketing materials for your own site, your publisher and retail sites like Amazon.com.
For ideas and inspiration, here’s links to the web sites for the top 15 NY Times business books, August 2013. And for a look back to last year, there’s also links at the end of this post to the book web sites listed as Fast Company’s Best Business Books of 2012.
If you have a great business book web site, or an appropriate WordPress theme, then please share. I’m always looking for great examples to show to clients.
Fast Company’s Best Business Books Of 2012: Find Fulfillment, Get Productive, And Create Healthy Habits
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
by Susan Cain
- How Will You Measure Your Life?
by Clayton M. Christensen, James Allworth, and Karen Dillon
- Extreme Productivity: Boost Your Results, Reduce Your Hours
by Robert Pozen
- The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail–but Some Don’t
by Nate Silver
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
by Brené Brown
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
by Charles Duhigg
- Renegades Write the Rules: How the Digital Royalty Use Social Media to Innovate
by Amy Jo Martin
- Heart, Smarts, Guts, and Luck: What It Takes to Be an Entrepreneur and Build a Great Business
by Anthony K. Tjan, Richard J. Harrington, Tsun-Yan Hsieh
- The Click Moment: Seizing Opportunity in an Unpredictable World
by Frans Johansson
- Wait: The Art and Science of Delay, by Frank Partnoy
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations
by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner
- 11 Rules for Creating Value in the Social Era
by Nilofer Merchant