Ten Questions Speakers Should Ask Themselves
I was inspired by one of those lists of questions that made the rounds on Facebook to create 10 questions to guide people who are serious about speaking as a way of connecting with the world. How do you answer these? What other questions do you have about your speaking?
1. What do you love to do? How does that come out in your speaking?
2. What’s missing that you love from your speaking and your speech right now?
3. What do you want to accomplish with your speaking? And why?
4. What would you like an audience to remember about your speech – and you – after you’re done?
5. How does your speech help humanity?
6. What are your fears about speaking?
7. What speakers inspire you and why?
8. How do you prepare to speak?
9. What restores you after speaking – what feeds your spirit?
10. How have you changed the world as a speaker?